A blog of my own personal encounters in life, knitting, novels, music, and other epically entertaining things...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Sonnet

The Quest Of The Cynic
Love is the sole purpose of existence!
Our destiny wholly to seek and find.
Is that not the general consensus?
Such sentiments befit a simple mind.
Would you remove man from his pedestal?
Or appoint him a throne to rule on high?
"Rather blind men lead the way," laugh the fools.
As the men of the Earth march off to die.
The wise wish me to acquire wisdom.
The ignorant suggest I search for love.
The old say, look up, seek why you are come!
The young assure me nought exists above...
Cynics embrace; inhale and suspire.
Lovers; in their ignorance expire.

2 comments:

JustApril said...

that is so beautiful and deep! I love it.

Anonymous said...

That is really great!!! Very beautiful! I love your writing!
miss you muchly!
melee

Followers


DEPRESSION DIET